Utah students know: mining matters!
For over 100 years, the Utah Mining Association has had the honor of representing an industry that is essential to everyone’s lifestyle and standard of living. As the beginning of the supply chain for everything we use and everything we do as a society, the mining industry has a great story to tell, and our association exists to tell that story.
Mining Ambassador Presentations in Classrooms
Utah’s mining industry professionals can connect directly with elementary school students through our Mining Ambassador program. Our ambassadors go into classrooms to give presentations about Utah’s mining industry with the goal of informing students about Utah’s mining heritage, the importance of mining for modern life, and how mining impacts Utah’s economy. This curriculum is based on state requirements for mining and minerals education.
Utah Mining Association offers training sessions for all volunteers and also provides all of the presentation materials. Classroom presentations are one hour and are available at elementary schools throughout Utah.
Is this presentation only for Fourth Graders?
- Ambassador presentations fulfill Utah SEEd requirements for 4th grade.
- Due to limited resources and volunteers, we are only able to accommodate 4th-grade classes at this time.
How long is the presentation?
- Ambassador presentations are 1 hour long.
Who are Mining Ambassadors?
- Mining Ambassadors are volunteers from the mining industry who are committed to educating Utah school children about the value of mining.
- Mining Ambassadors undergo training and are instructed to adhere to the curriculum, however, each ambassador brings their own unique industry experiences to the presentation.
What can I expect from the presentation?
- After filling out a request form, Utah Mining Association staff will contact you to schedule your presentation (if available).
- Prior to your presentation, an Ambassador will contact you to confirm the date, time, and location.
- On the day of the presentation, our ambassador will need access to a computer or laptop, and a projector.
- The ambassador will present for approximately 1 hour with interactive discussion, a PowerPoint presentation, and a brief video.
- Teachers will receive a box with additional information, activities, and giveaways for each student.
We represent and inform YOU our members.
Join Us Today
Be actively involved in protecting an industry that is the
foundation for our way of life.
Utah Mining Association
4286 South Main Street
Murray, Utah 84107
Support The Mining Industry
Your support is essential to the long-term success of the mining industry and our way of life.