Utah Mining Education Resources
For over 100 years, the Utah Mining Association has had the honor of representing an industry that is essential to everyone’s lifestyle and standard of living. As the beginning of the supply chain for everything we use and everything we do as a society, the mining industry has a great story to tell, and our association exists to tell that story.
Utah’s Core Standards include many opportunities to teach students about mining in Utah.
- 4th Grade Social Studies Standard I
- 4th Grade Social Studies Standard II
- 5th Grade Science with Engineering Standard 5.2
Middle & High School
- Utah Studies Standard 2.6
- Utah Studies Standard 3.3
- Earth Science Standard 4.2
- Earth Science Standard 4.3
- 7th Grade Science with Engineering Standard 7.2.1
- 7th Grade Science with Engineering Standard 7.2.5
- 8th Grade Science with Engineering Standard 8.4.1
- 8th Grade Science with Engineering Standard 8.4.2
- 8th Grade Science with Engineering Standard 8.4.3
Utah Office of Energy Development Lesson Plans
Utah’s Office of Energy Development provides a library of resources for teachers, based on the current state education standards. Many of these resources correlate with mining education.
Utah Geological Survey
UGS educator resources include videos, maps, interactive apps, and downloads for the classroom.
Minerals Education Coalition
Offering a wealth of information for students of all ages, the Minerals Education Coalition has lesson plans, infographics, and more.
We represent and inform YOU our members.
Join Us Today
Be actively involved in protecting an industry that is the
foundation for our way of life.
Utah Mining Association
4286 South Main Street
Murray, Utah 84107
Support The Mining Industry
Your support is essential to the long-term success of the mining industry and our way of life.